Thai Business Visa

A Thai Business Visa is an ideal choice for entrepreneurs, investors and businesspeople looking to do business in Thailand. It allows them to travel in and out of the country for work-related activities without the need for a permit.

A single-entry business visa is valid for one year. It can be obtained at arrival points in Thailand.

M Visa

If you work as a journalist or on a freelance basis, the M Visa is probably the best option for you. It is valid for three years and allows you to make multiple entries into Thailand. You must arrive at a designated airport, and you must have a round-trip ticket. You must also have certified documentation of your employer’s business operations and proof that you can support yourself financially during your stay in Thailand.

The M Visa is also available to those wishing to pursue investment opportunities in Thailand. The process is similar to the B visa, and you may need to submit a letter from your employer and provide evidence of your financial status. You must also apply for the visa at the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country. You can find the application form on the embassy’s or consulate’s website. You will also need a passport with sufficient validity remaining for your trip to Thailand and recent photos of yourself.

IB Visa

The non-immigrant IB visa allows foreign nationals to conduct business or invest in Thailand. Its duration is determined by the immigration authorities and the type of project. Applicants must submit their application to the Royal Thai Embassy or consulate in their country of residence. Applicants can schedule an appointment online or in person to complete their visa application and submit the required documents.

The IB visa is a great option for people who frequently travel to Thailand for business. It allows multiple entries and extends the total length of stay for up to 90 days each time. However, if you are looking to work while on the visa, you will need to secure a Work Permit. This is especially true if you are working on an investment project. You will need to provide documentation of your employment in your home country and any correspondence with trading or associated partners/companies in Thailand. You will also need to provide proof of financial means.

EX Visa

While digital nomads have historically flocked to Thailand to work remotely from cafes and beaches, the new work-from-Thailand visa targets a more targeted audience: remote workers employed by established overseas companies. To qualify for the visa, you must earn a minimum of $80,000 per year and agree to pay Thai taxes on your earnings.

The visa is valid for three years and allows multiple-entry for 90 days each time you visit. Depending on your country of origin, you may also be eligible for a visa waiver that allows you to enter without a visa.

Citizens of the following countries and territories can enter Thailand for up to 90 days without a visa, thanks to existing bilateral agreements:

Work Permit

Work permits are used for foreigners to legally conduct business in Thailand. This is defined in Section 5 of the Foreigners Working Management Emergency Decree of 2017. The permit is required if you are working on a project that is not covered by other visa categories.

The most common type of work permit in Thailand is the WP.3 that acts as a pre-approval letter from your employer in Thailand confirming you will be conducting a specific project on their behalf. The permit must be renewed annually.

In order to apply for a work permit, you will need to have a valid passport and a letter of invitation from a company in Thailand indicating the purpose and period of your visit. A letter of sponsorship from your Thai business partner is also a must. Additionally, your Thai business must have at least 2 million baht in registered capital. This requirement is halved if you are married to a Thai citizen and are holding a marriage visa.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Posts

Thai “O” Marriage Visa

The Thai marriage visa is also called the Non immigrant “O” Visa is for those who want to visit Thailand as they have a Thai wife or Thai family such as a child living in

Read More ...

Border Crossing Points

These are the international border crossing points in Thailand. We have also listed which border crossing points can issue a visa on arrival. Note that if you are crossing a land border you will only

Read More ...

Visa on Arrival

Depending on your nationality you will be limited to a certain amount of days when you arrive on a foreign flight in Thailand. Crossing a land border in Thailand only gets you 15 days stay.

Read More ...

Thai Retirement Visa

The retirement visa for Thailand is also known as the “OA” visa. This is a 3-month visa when you enter Thailand and you need to extend this visa in Thailand for 1 year. This visa

Read More ...

Single Entry Business Visa

This is the most common Thai visa issued if you are wanting to work in Thailand. This Thai Visa is normally issued for 3 months and you need to apply for a Thai work permit

Read More ...

90 Day Reporting

If you are holding onto a work permit from the business visa or have a 1 year marriage visa or for that matter a 1 year retirement visa then you need to report your address

Read More ...

Immigration Lawyers

If you are moving to Thailand to live with your wife, or decided to retire in Thailand, contact Law Firm for more information and assistance with regards to your immigration plans to Thailand. There are

Read More ...

Related Resources