Prenuptial Agreement in Thailand

A prenuptial agreement is a legal document that a couple in Thailand signs before getting married. The prenuptial agreement lists the assets and real estate that each party possesses now and any additional assets they might acquire in the future as a result of their marriage.

A prenuptial agreement serves to safeguard each party’s assets and to specify how they will be distributed in the case of a divorce or other legal separation. Prenuptial agreements might be crucial, especially for those who have substantial assets or own real estate in Thailand.

Both parties must freely accept the conditions of the prenuptial agreement and sign it in the presence of two witnesses in order for it to be enforceable in Thailand. Additionally, the agreement must be registered at the local district office before the marriage takes place.

It is important to note that a prenuptial agreement in Thailand will only be valid if it is created in accordance with Thai law. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you seek legal advice from a qualified Thai lawyer who has experience in drafting prenuptial agreements.

Overall, a prenuptial agreement in Thailand can be a useful tool for couples who wish to protect their assets and ensure a fair division of property in the event of a divorce or separation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Posts

Thai “O” Marriage Visa

The Thai marriage visa is also called the Non immigrant “O” Visa is for those who want to visit Thailand as they have a Thai wife or Thai family such as a child living in

Read More ...

Border Crossing Points

These are the international border crossing points in Thailand. We have also listed which border crossing points can issue a visa on arrival. Note that if you are crossing a land border you will only

Read More ...

Visa on Arrival

Depending on your nationality you will be limited to a certain amount of days when you arrive on a foreign flight in Thailand. Crossing a land border in Thailand only gets you 15 days stay.

Read More ...

Thai Retirement Visa

The retirement visa for Thailand is also known as the “OA” visa. This is a 3-month visa when you enter Thailand and you need to extend this visa in Thailand for 1 year. This visa

Read More ...

Single Entry Business Visa

This is the most common Thai visa issued if you are wanting to work in Thailand. This Thai Visa is normally issued for 3 months and you need to apply for a Thai work permit

Read More ...

90 Day Reporting

If you are holding onto a work permit from the business visa or have a 1 year marriage visa or for that matter a 1 year retirement visa then you need to report your address

Read More ...

Immigration Lawyers

If you are moving to Thailand to live with your wife, or decided to retire in Thailand, contact Law Firm for more information and assistance with regards to your immigration plans to Thailand. There are

Read More ...

Related Resources